CLICK HERE to download your software
USB Write Blocker Installation Instructions
***IMPORTANT NOTE: USB devices you wish to write block must be disconnected from the computer before the write block is enabled.
- Windows XP (w/SP2 and Higher, 32bit & 64bit)
- Windows Vista (32bit & 64bit)
- Windows 7 (32bit & 64bit)
*** Important Note for Windows Vista and Windows 7 users: In order for the DSi USB Write Blocker Utility to function correctly in these newer operating systems, there are two basic choices:
- Right-Click the program icon and then click “Run as Administrator”, filling in the Admin login and pass for the PC if the prompt appears.
- Disable the “User Account Control” feature used by these two OSes. Directions for doing this can be found at this link. Keep in mind that taking this step is something that should only be considered by experienced users, with the proper antivirus and anti-malware programs already in place, as this will disable much of the overall system protection mechanisms provided by the OS. It is advised that less experienced (and/or less prepared) users follow the option above for running the DSi USB Write Blocker Utility in Windows Vista and Windows 7 Operating Systems.
Please contact us with any feature request or bug reports.